Designer Logic

the best logic money can buy

Going Coastal

I smell the moist air, I can feel the fog closing in, and heard is the gulls cawing in the distance. Mind you, the family vacation is months away, but today I could feel it approaching. This will be the first attempt at a family vacation and we hope to make the most of it. I suppose at heart I've always been coastal, at least north coastal. There is an attractiveness to the gloom of it all. East or west doesn't really matter much, so long as its north. My wife assumes my life would have been short if I had grown up there. The fog and rain mixed with my taste in music would have lead to suicide; she would swear it.

Our destination is Maryland. We figure to visit an old friend and maybe some of my wife's family while there. Outside of that, I'm not sure what to do. There are plenty of options, narrowing them down is the hard part. I would love to see an Orioles game at Camden Yards. Then there is Mt. Vernon. I realize you may think less of me now but I dig ole' George. Enjoying the fresh seafood is surely an option along with visiting the beach. D.C. is right there for the taking and Philly isn't far. In those places alone weeks could be spent so we must prioritize. Now would be a good time to mention that my wife will surely have things she wants to do. What those would be...your guess is as good as mine. On second thought, your guess might be better than mine. Oooops! Well, now you know the dilemma we face. I assure you that prayer is the least you could do to ensure that this vacation doesn't become a Griswoldean kind of affair. Either way there will be stories to tell I'm sure! So what do you think, what places should be atop our list of stops on this venture to the east? Hopefully, some of you can speak from experience though the comments of dreamers are allowed.

7 comments:

So I thought this would be something uplifting i would read... But no... Now I am bumming because this experience does not include me.

Ha. I'm sure it will be entertaining visiting the lifestyles of the rich and the famous if you do so. (which you will, i'm sure) Anyways, I'm sure I will get a nice sea shell out of the deal :)

P.s) If you were listening to Daylight, the only chance of Death would be dancing your way right off the edge of a cliff.

 

O'Brian,
Try this: Do not forget the Mayland crabs or crab cakes! Want more activity? Head for Ocean City. Along this 10-mile stretch of white sandy beaches, you'll find a boardwalk, amusement parks, an abundance of hotels and eateries,

 

As per our Sunday 1st service discussion: Jerri said Karen Walker mentioned doing it.
Perhaps CeeJay could be asked to assist. A thought....

 

thanks for the info kenji johjima

 

Hey Bro! That would be awesome to go to an O's game! Im seeing flashes of you being a huge fan of Cal Ripkem! Im sure this had something to do with visiting Camden yard!

Im sure the choice u make will be the right one. My opinion would lead more to a tropic area but as we kno Im a little more metro!

I need to kno when u are leaving cuz I need me some nolers in my life! I luv you bro

 

Yup, a big Ripken jr. fan. The vacation is in October. There is still time to see my rugrats.

 

Let's see... Inner Harbor is nice in sort of a "Union Station" way. Fort McHenry is nearby if you like the history associated with the national anthem. Ocean City -- the beach the boardwalks -- is nice in the summer, but I'm not sure about October and the ocean with little ones...the whole wind/water thing could be a bit much...

Gettysburg is pretty close to Baltimore if you're interested in that. And, as you've already said, D.C.

I haven't been out there since I was 18. I had a nanny job with 7 kids (5 under the age of 5). I'd like to revisit some of these places with few distractions :)

Enjoy your trip!!